Mountains Multicultural Interagency
About the Group
MCRN provides leadership in resourcing and convening the Mountains Multicultural Interagency (MMI).
The aims of MMI are as follows:
- to encourage the wider community and workers from Government and non government sector to network, exchange information and collaborate on issues and projects relevant to the CALD communities in the Blue Mountains LGA.
- MMI will identify service delivery issues, including gaps in services, obstacles and barriers to accessing services, both Government and non-Government. It will also act as an advisory body and will support workers in their work with the target group.
- MMI will advocate for improving and effective service delivery, for additional services and where local, state and national issues affect local multicultural communities.
- MMI will actively promote cultural harmony and productive diversity, engaging the whole community.
- MMI Interagency will advocate on behalf of CALD people in order that they be given opportunities to contribute and participate in the social and economic life of the region.
The MMI works to plan activities across the community for Refugee Week or Harmony Day, and, with a working group is developing a series of activities and events for Harmony Day 2016 – including creating and distributing Olive Ribbons. MMI has adopted the #OliveRibbon Campaign as its core business (see the Olive Ribbon Pledge - top left).
The MMI meets from 11am to 1pm on the 2nd Thursday of the month every 2nd month in the MCRN Meeting Room, Lawson.