Prepare for an Emergency
For support and assistance to prepare for emergencies, please see the following:
ABC Emergency Get ready and survive: Plan for an emergency - Learn what you and your family need to do to prepare for different hazards
Where to get information in an emergency:
In case of emergency call Triple Zero (000) for Police, Fire or Ambulance.
The Useful Information for Emergencies Info Kit below provides information and key contact details for local and state-wide services available to assist residents in an emergency including contacts for key emergency services, transport options, managing animals, local utilities, health services, safer places and evacuation centres, and where/how to get the latest emergency information.
Printing of this resource has been generously funded by Panthers Glenbrook through the 2016 Blue Mountains ClubGRANTS Program.
Depending on the emergency, the following key emergency and transport services, which are listed in the Info Kit, may provide updates.
- NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) - for information on bushfires
- State Emergency Service (SES) - floods, storms & snow
- Fire and Rescue - for information on house and urban fires
- Police - for local police matters, call 000 in an emergency
- Emergency NSW - for general information about emergencies
- Live Traffic - for live updates and traveller information
- Public transport - for the latest public transport information